Friday, August 26, 2011

{ Kaua'i ~ Part V: Our Anniversary }

July 18, 2009 was the day we got married.

How can it be two years already? It may be a cliche, but it's true: It seems like yesterday, and yet at the same time it seems like we've been together forever. I love you, Michael.

For our anniversary, Mike secretly made dinner reservations at The Beach House in Poipu. Over the past few years, I've seen this restaurant listed numerous times as one of the most romantic in the country, so I was delighted when I realized that's where we were going!


The restaurant is situated on a little promontory, so you have ocean views from every table. It's very beautiful and romantic--and that's before the sunset!




Hands down, the best mai tais we had!


I'm a little bit of a foodie, so I took photos of everything we ate. {Everything was delicious and worth every penny. We were not disappointed at all!} This is the crab cake appetizer.


As the sun begins to set, diners get up and go to the lawn outside to have their photos taken. We followed suit.


~two years~



For the life of me, I can't remember specifically what either of us ordered, but we both had fish.


I think this photo should be titled "Mike after Mai Tai."


Towards the end of our meal, our server asked us if we were celebrating an anniversary. Shortly after, he reappeared with a complimentary dessert and a "Happy Anniversary" card signed by the staff.


Afterward, we sat on a bench outside the restaurant and watched the stars and the surf. It was a perfect evening. And yet, in spite of how lovely every moment was, my favorite part was the conversations Mike and I had throughout the evening. There have been parts of this year that were really rough on our marriage--scary rough. We're in a much better place now, but that is only by Jesus' grace. He is the foundation of our relationship. His grace is every bit as evident in our lives today as it was 2+ years ago when we were starry-eyed lovers peeking into the beginning of our life together. To reflect together on how the Lord has led us, and looking forward together to the future...I can't imagine a better way to celebrate an anniversary!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you had the perfect celebration of two years together. Not that I'm surprised, but you look as in love and starry eyed as your wedding day :) It's not too late to say "Happy Anniversary" is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm - looks like an amazing supper. Love your dress too - very pretty! What a special way to celebrate year 2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving these posts! Mike's Post Mai tai photo has me in hysterics!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete