Monday, June 27, 2011

{ Kitchen }

Drumroll, please!
After owning this condo for almost two years...after being married almost two years...after almost two years of thinking, "I have got to paint this kitchen!!"...after almost two years of being daily annoyed + frustrated at the fluorescent tube light, dimly illuminating the most used room of the house...may I present to you, our newly painted and light fixtured kitchen!


The color is Beryl, from the Martha Stewart Living paint palette at Home Depot. I asked them to lighten it by about 25%, and I really like how it turned out. It's bright and cheerful without being overpowering.
It's also much more beachy than I anticipated! That's not a problem, though; I love beach houses.


I can totally imagine a dusty pink, 1950's-style refrigerator fitting in here...




The "prints" are actually 12" x 12" scrapbook papers that I love too much to use in an actual scrapbook. They are collages of vintage fruit and vegetable crate labels and advertisements for household products. From the clothing and hairstyles, I'm guessing most of them were produced in the 1920's to 1940's. They make me smile every time I see them! On a side note, do you have any idea how difficult it is to find nice 12" x 12" frames?! Really, really difficult!

So there you have it: our {relatively} easy kitchen redo. I'm really, really happy with it. Being in the kitchen is a completely different experience now; it's a happy, colorful place, rather than drab and blah. Having good lighting makes all the difference in the world, too! Now that it's all finished, I can't believe I waited almost two years to pick a paint color!

4 comments:

  1. YES to a pink refrigerator!! So much yes! Love your "new" kitchen... Glad you're happy with it, the kitchen is important, dang it! Everybody ends up hanging out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally retro. Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't even tell you how very much I am wishing I could come come visit you in your new cheered up kitchen. So, so love how it all turned out! Miss you dearly. xo

    ReplyDelete