Sunday, January 2, 2011

{ Boxing Day }

Mike does not remember ever being up the Space Needle.
Hard to believe, I know--especially when you consider that he has lived within 30 miles of the Space Needle his entire life.
We had stopped at Starbucks on the way to church one Sunday in December, and they were handing out buy-one-get-one-free passes to go up the Space Needle. Being a big fan of fun, new experiences and cheap dates, I picked one up.
The day after Christmas, we had to go to Seattle for a dinner. It was a clear day, so we took advantage of our proximity to the Space Needle and hopped in line.


Did I mention it was windy?
It was really, really windy all weekend.
We could feel the elevator swaying slightly as we went up and down. One of the elevator attendants even said the motion was freaking her out a little!






The wind on the west side was piercing, and it was really cold--so we didn't stay on the outside observation deck for very long. I like to think that since my hair is curly, when I wear it down the wind can't disrupt it too much...it already looks messy. Right??


Thank you for a fun, fun excursion, Mr. Husband! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment